On August 31th, 2013, Antelope Valley Ford Lincoln and Mazda will be hosting Hot Summer Nights for Customer Appreciation Day from 4-8pm. For 4 hours only, you can celebrate with us as we thank all of our customers for your hospitality and loyalty to our company for all these years! Come and experience a classic auto show, lots of food and a live band! Bring your families along to enjoy the evening! Take a look below at the flyer to see what will be in store for you! Hope to see you there!
The Memorial Day Sellathon is starting this Friday, May 24th and will continue through Monday, May 27th. This is a great opportunity for you to get out of that old car and into an all-new Ford! This great deal is on most 2013 Ford’s like the Mustang, Taurus, Escape, Edge, Flex, Explorer, Expedition, Super Duty and F-150.
Looks like we will be having some rain for the next few days. It is best to make sure that you are prepared before you hit those slippery roads. Here are some tips we found most helpful in this situation.
In stormy conditions, it is more difficult to see other vehicles, road signs and the road itself. It is critical to make sure you can see and be seen.
- First and foremost: slow down! It takes longer to stop or adjust in wet weather.
- Replace old or brittle wipers.
- Check your tires on a regular basis. Bald tires significantly reduce your traction on wet roadways, and offer little resistance to hydroplaning. When your tires run over water, the water is displaced and it needs somewhere to go quickly. The best place is between the treads of your tires. If your tires are bald, the water has no place to go and you end up riding on a layer of water, like a boat.
- Stay toward the middle lanes - water tends to pool in the outside lanes.
- Stay at least 2 car lengths behind the vehicle driving ahead of you. The roads are more slippery while wet. If you have to make a sudden stop, you will have a less chance of bumping into the back of the cars in front of you.
- Turn your headlights on even in a light rain, or in gloomy, foggy or overcast conditions. Not only do they help you see the road, but they’ll help other drivers see you. If your car has daytime running lights you still should put them on, so vehicles behind you can see you better.
- When driving through a puddle of uncertain depth, go slow. If it’s deeper than the bottom of your doors, turn around and find another route. Deep water can cause serious damage to a modern car’s electrical system.
- Avoid splashing pedestrians.
- Rain or high humidity can quickly cause windows to mist up inside the car. In a car equipped with air conditioning, turn up the heat and direct the airflow to your defrosters with the AC switch engaged
- Never drive beyond the limits of visibility. At night rainy roads become especially treacherous. The glare of oncoming lights, amplified by the rain on your windscreen, can cause temporary loss of visibility while substantially increasing driver fatigue. In rainy conditions pedestrians, livestock, and wildlife are extremely hard to spot and even harder to avoid.
Please keep these tips in mind and drive safely!
Where did the year go!? 2012 is coming to a close, and so it is time to plan for the New Year, 2013! Maybe you have a New Year’s resolution to be a little more green? Or you’re just looking to trade up that old ride for something HOT! Take a look at the awesome deals we have for you during our Year End Sales Event from today until 1/2/13! Just picture it - driving into the new year behind the wheel of a brand new 2013 Ford Mustang…
Don’t miss some of the GREAT deals on the lastest Mazdas here at Antelope Valley Mazda during the Mazda Summer Drive Event! 0% APR for 60 months on the 2012 Mazda CX-9 or 0% APR on the 2012 Mazda3 i Grand Touring and more! You don’t want to miss it! Take this summer to drive in a brand new Mazda3 or Mazda CX-9! Just call us at 888-366-2721 with any questions you may have or to schedule a test drive today! Or visit us at our Mazda showroom! Hurry! The event is only for a limited time! Hope to see you soon!
Visit our website www.avmazdas.com
| MAZDA2 Exterior: Huge on style, the Mazda2 subcompact turns the road into a runway. |
| MAZDA2 Interior: Room to live large— the Mazda2 seats you plus four. |
| MAZDA2 Performance: Agile and fun, the Mazda2 proves small has got it all when it comes to awesome drives. |
* EPA-estimated highway mileage for MAZDA2 with manual transmission. Actual results may vary.
| MAZDA2 Safety: Seriously safe, the Mazda2 is equipped with six standard air bags*. |
*Always wear your seat belt and secure children in the rear seats in appropriate child restraints.